WanderingWoman

Observations of the world from a former elementary school teacher, now world traveler, as she accompanies her military spouse across the world. Adventures abound!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen--Edition 2


Thursday THIRTEEN--2nd Edition


13 Things I will NOT miss about the cold weather in NJ

1. Multiple pairs of socks

2. Chapped lips, hands, skin, etc.

3. Wearing so many layers that you sweat on the bottom layer and then freeze when you go out into the cold because the bottom layer is so wet.

4. Cold feet and fingers.

5. Dirty snow

6. Waiting for the heat in the car to kick in.

7. Being stuck indoors because it is too cold to be outside.

8. Not being able to walk outside because of unshoveled sidewalks.

9. Salt stained cars

10. Shopping while dressed like an eskimo--too much trouble!

11. Craving comfort foods when you know they're not good for you!

12. Early darkness

13. Wet shoes on clean floors.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger MissMeliss said...

The one nice thing I remember about cold weather in NJ is the stark beauty of the shore in winter.

(I live in Texas, but was born in NJ)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Happy Thursday!

February 22, 2007 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Erin Faye said...

Great list! I wish I could go without all those things too! But I live in Canada, so it ain't happening!

February 22, 2007 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

February 22, 2007 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Amen to all of that!!
Thanks for visiting. I'll miss it- I just started playing. Waah!1

February 22, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home