WanderingWoman

Observations of the world from a former elementary school teacher, now world traveler, as she accompanies her military spouse across the world. Adventures abound!

Friday, February 16, 2007

So long FLORIDA!

Well, it's been a busy, busy week..and I haven't had time to do anything that doesn't do with moving, cleaning, or leaving Florida. But, finally, we are finished and ready for our move to Thailand, and if our flight ever leaves the Orlando airport (we are stuck in a hotel for the night), the rest of my life will finally have a chance to begin!
In the past week, I have tossed things, packed things, sorted things that I need sooner from later, shipped things, stored things, and in the process, I've come to realize how much USELESS and POINTLESS JUNK that I have accumulated in my short life. When it comes down to it, I have had to realize that much of what I have I don't NEED, but yet it is so hard to part with some of those things and the memories that they have. I think that has been one of the hardest things that I have dealt with this week, along with deciding what I need to put into storage for the next few years (we are restricted as to how much weight we can ship). It's kinda sad that as the guys are packing my things (one of the benefits of the USAF is not having to actually pack your things yourself when you move!) I was thinking to myself, do I really need a whole box of beach shells when I am in Thailand, and actually letting the guys still pack it! It is so hard to prioritize when you are so overwhelmed. But we do live in a "material world"... (Thanks, Madonna)
And then there was the cleaning--I have never had such dishpan hands in my life! Prepping an entire house from corner to corner for an AF inspection was an absolute HORROR! I have never spent so much time scrubbing in my life! And I now can see the benefits to getting a maid for the next few years while in Thailand...it does have its perks, I guess!
Anyhow, as I ramble in this post, you can probably see the rambling that has been going on in my mind....so much to do, so much to miss.....so much to miss....
I can't go on writing any longer, I'll post more to this when I get my thoughts straight...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Moving is difficult when it's just to a new city, never mind a new country!

You're entitled to ramble :)

February 20, 2007 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home