WanderingWoman

Observations of the world from a former elementary school teacher, now world traveler, as she accompanies her military spouse across the world. Adventures abound!

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Everyone needs a Kelly

Do you have that one friend, that one person who, despite knowing your every flaw, weakness, good side and bad, still is able to be there for you no matter what?
That person for me is Kelly. I have never known anyone like her, and for longer than a decade, she continues to be the person I can rely on, trust, and know that she will try to understand and be my friend sans judging. She has just spent the past few days visiting here before I journey across the world, and I absolutely LOVED having her down here for a visit. It was great to stay up late, chat, and to have had the chance to just spend time with each other's company. We're getting older now, and no longer do we have the time we used to when we were younger. Just taking these few days has helped me to remember to take more time to cherish and appreciate the friendships that I am lucky enough to have.
Thanks, Kelly, just for being my friend, and for all of the ways you have touched my life. I am so lucky to have you as a part of my life, and I'll miss you these next few years when we are even farther apart than we are now.
And for those of you not lucky enough to know her, remember, "Everyone needs a Kelly."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home